Saturday, September 24, 2011

Oh Na Na! Not Today Boo Boo

Hello to all of my lovely readers! It's been quite a while but I have just been a busy bee running around and trying to get things done. So... where should I start?

I guess I could start by basically recounting the bad. And believe me, there is plenty of it to go around. So I  received a call for interview for a place. Let's just say it's retailer that specializes in toys. I'll spare names to save the guilty. I went to the interview and it turned out to be a group interview. This was basically my first group interview ever so I didn't really know what to expect but as always I just went with it. It was a pretty long ordeal and I was definitely glad when it was over. I went home and got ready to go to the city to meet up with people. On my way to the bus stop I decided to check my e-mail and guess what? I got one of those generic rejection e-mails. Thanks but no thanks. Oh what a low blow. I mean obviously it's not my dream job but this gurl has bills to pay. So as my broke and unemployed self was waiting for a friend to get out of work, this homeless man came up to me and asked me about the symbols on my shirt. I was wearing a shirt that basically had symbols for different sexes and like all paired up and a big heart in the middle. Very pro-love/queer. So basically this homeless man accosted me and told me that "this nation will not tolerate it!". My response? "Tough..." and I looked away. I swear I cannot make this stuff up.

Thank baby J that the day ended on an amazing note! I had such a great time with a couple of friends. There's nothing that wine, pizza, and good friends can't fix.

Any new employment prospects? Of course! I actually have a job. I can stay in the area and won't have to go back to Texas. It's a new Indian/Pakistani food place that will be opening next week. I actually really liked the food I got to try during my first training session. I'm still going to look for a second job because I'm not so sure this one is going to give me enough hours to support my lavish lifestyle. I'm also working on something with a couple of friends(the ones I hung out with after the homeless man incident)that has taken on the title "Project Russia". I don't want to give away too many details just yet. But it would involve me going back to the motherland.

Everybody has dreams, but not everyone chases them. I was actually terrified before I found this position at the restaurant. I was quite scared that I would have to pack up my goodies and take myself back to the lone star state. It seems silly to think about, but it's the truth. I think what has helped me a lot is the people I surround myself with. My friends. Spending time with them makes me realize how interdependent we all are. I think that we are taught that to be an adult is to be an independent and responsible person. But in these last few weeks I have seriously questioned the "independent" aspect. When you get down to it. Nobody is really independent. We all depend on others. I rely on others for an innumerable amount of things, as others rely on me for the same. In the end, I think it's those connections that we have to each other that make us who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment