Monday, September 5, 2011

Go Big or Go Home

All my life I've been good but now... I'm moving to Yonkers?

Summer has been quite the ride. For those of you who don't know what has been happening I will give a little update. I've been living in the suburbs outside of Philadelphia with a close friend of mine. He and his mother were gracious enough to host me. Quickly after graduation I was in need of a job so I sent out a few applications in hopes of getting some sweet minimum wage gigs. Don't worry! I was working much harder actual job applications. I landed a spot in Wally World and that's pretty much were I spent most of my time during summer. I worked in the Health and Beauty Aids department which was my first choice because there was no way I was going to slave away in the heat gathering carts. Working at Wal-Mart was very interesting to say the very least. I actually enjoyed the company of the people working in my department. They were all very nice ladies. What I didn't enjoy so much? The rude customers. For some reason people thought I had the power to bring back their favorite brand of Garnier Fructis even though the company had discontinued it 6 months ago.

Now fast forward. I quit Wal-Mart because I had finally saved up enough to find a place to stay in or near NYC for a little bit and chase my dream. I found a place to live and I am moving in tomorrow. It's actually a nice setup since I already know the person I will be sharing an apartment with. It's not in NYC but it's pretty damn close to it. I mean it's only temporary, right?

So...I am unemployed... I have a limited amount of money... and I only have a suitcase with my belongings in it. I am definitely and certifiably insane. But I have a dream. I have a college education. And I have the drive and determination. I am really banking on this little stint to be a success. If I do not succeed at this, as the title of my post quite literally states, I will  go home. Home for the moment is Texas. I really do not want to see this as a possibility so you know I will be working my butt off to get settled into the city. Essentially my job will be to get a job.

I wanted to create this blog in order to document and share my shenanigans while I try to figure out this thing called life. I will hopefully be adding photo and video too so watch out for those posts. Jesus take the wheel!

3 comments:

  1. Jonathan, you can achieve anything as long as you put effort in it. I believe in you! Get that kick-ass job! And then let's go get hours nails did!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl, good luck! Hopefully we meet up in the city at some point in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I will get on it. @Karen I cannot wait till we go get our nails did and @Goose it's gonna be a blast.

    ReplyDelete